MOBILITY AND LOGISTICS SOLUTION ARCHITECT / ANALYST
Cities are undergoing a transformation towards zero-emission, autonomous and shared solutions for mobility and logistics. Hyke’s mission is to accelerate this transformation by offering cities, operators, and others a complete solution for waterborne transport. Our beautiful all-electric ferries are designed for game-changing cost-efficiency and scalability. Our compact and cost-efficient jetties with automatic docking and charging ensure easy deployment, reduce cost, and improve operational flexibility. Our autonomous navigation and fleet management technology ensure cost-efficient and scalable operations. And our proactive market development and deployment services help our partner customers accelerate deployment of waterborne mobility and logistics services.
Understanding vessel and fleet operations and the factors that influence them is a critical component to an effective transport solution. Where traditional ferry networks operate in static schemes, rarely considering dynamic variations in frame conditions, Hyke ferry networks will be dynamically dispatched to minimize energy use and environmental impact while maximizing user experience and revenue generation. To make this happen, Hyke is looking for our new
Mobility and logistics solution architect / analyst
Purpose – key objectives for the position:
- As a mobility and logistics solution architect / analyst, you will enable Hyke to offer optimal urban waterborne transportation solutions for cities around the world.
- You will develop analytical models and tooling for vessel and fleet operations including passenger movements and logistics.
- You will work with commercial teams to develop optimized ferry network designs for and in cooperation with our customers, taking project specific factors into consideration.
- You will work with technical and commercial teams to create innovative fleet optimization and management tools, incorporating data from own technical systems and from 3rd party sources.
- You will have an impact both in the design and the operations of ferry networks.
- Analytical modelling of vessel and fleet operations including passenger movements and logistics.
- Quantization and optimization of fleet operational and logistical performance.
- Define and communicate requirements for the creation of an accurate analytical model and understand factors influencing ferry network operations and logistics.
- Engage with commercial and product teams to guide and support both business and product development.
- Deliver projects in accordance with internal plans, expectations, and quality standards.
- Generate actionable business insights and communicate these in a simple and understandable way to stakeholders at all levels.
- Actively participate and contribute to analytical models being integrated into Hyke’s entire software system.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness in the field of business analytics and optimization of maritime fleet and mobility operations and logistics.
- Visualize and present results of analysis, supporting business planning, operations, and sales.
- Develop an analytical model for optimal routing of ferry traffic.
- Continually improve and further develop analytical models based on input of real operational data.
- Develop and support internal tools for exploring analytical models.
- Develop software components and libraries for incorporating models into automatic vessel and fleet scheduling.
- Validate models against real and simulated environments.
Requested skills & personality traits:
- Experience in business and/or engineering analytics, from understanding the underlying math, to the ability to implement and deliver analytics models.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, enabling you to creatively analyze problems and find workable solutions in the field between commercial requirements and technical possibilities.
- Good teamwork skills and proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and executives in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Evidence of individual contribution to challenging analytics problems.
- Experience with business analytics tools.
- Practical knowledge in general purpose database programming (e.g. SQL).
- Be creative in data visualization (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience with big data tools (e.g Redshift, BigQuery) statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python) is an advantage.
- An entrepreneurial drive and an ability to work well with multi-cultural and inter-disciplinary teams.
- You are flexible, inquisitive, open, self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You feel a sense of responsibility and urgency in getting things done.
- Strong communications skills, orally and written.
- Strong interest in working in a fast-growing startup.
- BSc/MSc Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, or related fields.
- Theoretical background knowledge in math and data management.
- Relevant experience in related fields.
Apply by 05.02.2023